We hope this message finds you safe and healthy! Based on guidance issued today by Governor Baker and the Massachusetts Dental Society we will expand our care to not only emergent but also, likely to become emergent dental problems beginning on May 26, 2020. At this time we will defer hygiene appointments until further notice.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We have made some changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office and 48hrs following your appointmentUpon arrival, we ask that you remain in your vehicle and call or text the office to check in. We will let you know when your treatment room is ready for you.
- We ask that only the patient receiving dental treatment come into the office. If the patient is a child, a parent/guardian may accompany them.
- Per the Salem Health Department and recommendation of the CDC, any person entering an essential business in Salem must be wearing a mask or face covering.
- Your temperature will be taken as soon as you enter the office and you will be escorted directly to the treatment room where you will sanitize your hands.
- We have installed air purifiers in each treatment room as well as in the reception area.
- We will be wearing more personal protective equipment (face shields, gowns/coveralls, surgical caps).
- Once available, we will hope that you will use our secure text to pay and e-forms options to limit your contact and time in the office.
- We have modified our office hours to allow for social distancing between patients and to limit the amount of staff present. As always, we will do our best to accommodate your schedule to get you in as soon as possible. Our website will be updated with changes in our business hours.
- We will have early hours dedicated to patients considered high risk to the CDC
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same, our commitment to your safety. We appreciate your patience and understanding with this. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Please call our office at 978-740-5135 or visit our website to make an appointment. Thank you for your continued loyalty and support!